GOOGLE YOUR SHIZ HERE!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Music, Work and You

Because I am just curious, I asked these brokers, bankers, recruters and analyst associations of mine what effect music brings to them when they are at work

Some people cannot work without a specific genre playing in their ipod or pc. Some people like silence. Others have their energies surging over techno tunes.


Here are the answers that came up:

I can make better and faster decisions when listening to house music. - Noel Magada, Recruiter

I listen to new age - meditation music in the background when I need to focus and calm down and then listen to rock music when I want to get energized - Dawn Van Zant, Investorideas.com

Good question! CNBC is on my TV from the minute I walk in and it's the last thing I turn off when I leave (90% of the time the volume is off and I play music). What I listen to really depends on my mood at the time and what I'm working on or who I'm preparing to meet w/. When I need to get pumped up it's usually metal (Pantera, Slayer...) When I need to "chill" I'll listen to Bach's Cello Suites- My all time favorite being Rostropovich's version (my deserted island disc).-Greg Plancher, Financial Advisor/ Broker H&R Block Financial

By the way, I need punk/rock inthe morning, country music at work, but love jazz in the evenings for interlude and then back to rock for the rest if the night. -
Dean Haskell, Former CEO, Real American Restaurants, Restaurant Analyst, Morgan Joseph and Co.


I on the other hand plug in my personal evolution cd from the place i call home ;) and get energized. And for some brain r&r I plug in My collection of nature sounds like piano in the beach and amazon rainforest. I also play my chillout collection, Theivery Corporation, Telefon Tel Aviv, japanese electronica (no lyrics please), Coldcut, Lovage, Hed Kandi, Ministry of Sound Lamb, Frou Frou, Masive Attack, Zero 7and for some dynamic setting I play Tiesto, Orbital, Groove Armada, Ferry Corsten, Hooverphonic, Chicane, Paul Oakenfold and Victor Calderone. When I want some heat I play Pearl Jam, Some Pantera but not all. I have a technique in my ipod to shut up the lyrics so all I can hear are the riffs.

No comments: